With 25 years of public accounting and tax experience, John is a tax partner at MGO dedicated to the firm’s international tax practice. He focuses his time serving large publicly traded companies as well as private clients with international activities. John possesses strong technical knowledge of international tax as this relates to individuals, trusts, estates, global family offices, corporate entities and partnerships, and other flow-through entities. His appreciation of corporate tax planning and international tax restructuring has made John a key business advisor for taxpayers with cross-border assets, family members, transactions, and other activities. He assists in supply chain management in all stages of corporate existence. John facilitates high-net-worth individuals and their entities with their financial affairs and cross-border assets and family to facilitate global tax strategies. His business valuation experience and appreciation of foreign country taxation systems have been an asset to assist clients navigate the changing global tax environment.
John specializes in holistic planning solutions, which leverages his deep income and transfer tax experience in delivering tax strategies. His experience in both publicly and privately held multinationals is deep routed.
Prior to joining MGO, John worked at CPA firms in several countries where he gained knowledge and experience in cross-border taxation strategies, entering foreign jurisdictions, restructuring, supply chain, treaty analysis, and other related matters.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Regent University, Masters of International Taxation
William Howard Taft University, Masters of Taxation
University of Toronto, Business Valuation Program
Society of Management Accountants of Québec, Professional Program
McGill University Diploma of Public Accountancy and Bachelor of Commerce in Finance and Accounting
ASSOCIATIONS / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – California, Florida, Illinois
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
• Florida Institute of CPAs (FICPA)
• Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
• TEP - Society of Trusts & Estates Practitioners (STEP)
• Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
• Accredited Business Valuator (ABV)
• Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) / Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
• Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) / Canadian Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants / Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec (Certified Management Accountant (CMA) + Chartered Accountant (CA))