The best of both worlds.
MGO has served governments for over 25 years, and we've built our remarkable success upon helping communities thrive. Our alliance with Walter C. Otto & Associates (WCO) - a third generation family business now continuing through Innativ Ltd. - is an invaluable resource in serving you. WCO has worked for decades to help tribes prosper, bringing broad knowledge of tribal governments, economic development, history and community in several states, and a national network of federal and tribal relationships that ensure we get things done effectively and quietly for clients.
Governmental Expertise + Tribal Knowledge
When you combine MGO's 25+ years of ironclad results in serving complex government agencies with the experience, relationships and insights of WCO and Innativ, you get the ultimate CPA firm for tribal governments. Our talent pool is deep, with the support of the entire MGO team and access to a nationwide network of tribal and non-tribal thought leaders. We know what it takes and we have what it takes.
We recognize that each client is unique and that history and context matter. We represent tribal clients from an overall, holistic basis, allowing us to advise you in the context of the unique political, cultural and economic aspects of your tribal community.
= Straight Talk.
We believe in open, candid relationships and straight-forward communication. We know numbers, but more importantly we know what the numbers mean in human, everyday terms for tribal governments and your communities.
We're committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients, and we do - through proactive planning, year-round involvement, and our core values of service, integrity and knowledge. From our own experience, we know that success is measured across generations.
- Single audits (OMB Circular A-133) as well as reporting on internal controls and program specific audits.
- Audits of tribal governments, gaming facilities, housing authorities, health clinics, benefit plans and other agencies.
- Economic development activities and related bond financings.
- Forensic accounting.
- Agreed-upon procedures projects such as gaming minimum internal control standards.
- Review engagements.
- Tax Planning – bond financings and transaction structuring advice; wealth management and planning for tribal communities and members, including minors' interests
- Tax Examination and Controversy – IRS examinations and assessments; state examinations and deficiencies
- Tax Return Preparation – for tribal members and select tribal entities
- Self Governance / Self Determination – governmental structures, agency formation and operations; regulations; land and treaty rights; cultural, historical, and environmental protection; management systems and practices; finance and treasury; grants; tax and regulatory compliance; contract evaluation and negotiations with outside governmental entities
- Business and IT Services – strategic planning and feasibility studies; budgeting and cash flow management; benchmarking; cost reviews; systems evaluations and development; controls, policies and procedures; technology evaluations and procurements; strategic partnering and relationships and countertrade and zero costing
- Project Development and Management
- Services in gaming and resort development; commercial and residential real estate development; water, infrastructure, and energy projects; public-private partnerships and Section 8(a)
- Financing and Risk Advisory Services – transaction structuring and financing; risk management and insurance
- Staffing and Training – employment practices and procedures; team building, recruitment, training, structure, and retention; benefits and payroll