While you're focused on giving back, we've got your back.
We serve scores of not-for-profit entities across California, with a broad range of organizational missions. From a single tax-exempt organization to a complex mix of related for-profit and nonprofit entities, MGO has the expertise to serve you.
We continually strive to be more than traditional auditors and consultants, offering additional services such as board presentations, information on nonprofit “hot topics” and in-house training for your accounting staff. MGO partners and directors have instructed hundreds of CPAs throughout California in auditing and accounting for nonprofit organizations, including facilitating understanding of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) audits. To help ensure that we provide the best possible service to our not-for-profit clients, we also serve on the boards of numerous organizations.
Greater efficiency for the greater good.
As an independent alliance member of BDO Seidman LLP, we draw resources and information from BDO’s Institute for Nonprofit Excellence, which specializes in meeting the needs of the nonprofit sector and collaborating with alliance firms to develop innovative, practical accounting and operational solutions for organizations like yours.
Our financial audit and tax services focus on helping you comply with regulatory obligations, improve fiscal health and streamline operations.
- Financial Statement – Examining documentation prepared by management and attesting to fair presentation of information
- Pension - Auditing 401(k), 403(b) and other employee retirement plans to ascertain fair presentation and/or compliance of financial information per ERISA or other requirements
- Fraud - Identifying and measuring the extent of losses associated with inappropriate activity
- Indirect Cost Rate - Maximizing indirect cost recovery while ensuring compliance with governmental requirements
- OMB Circular A-133 - Required when directly or indirectly spending $500,000 or more in federal funds as part of your yearly operations
- Tax - Planning and consultation regarding multiple entities, lobbying, Internet transactions, planned giving, UBIT, intermediate sanctions and inter-company transactions
- Comprehensive tax check-ups and group exemption & chapter check-ups
- Assistance with the wide variety of compliance issues and requirements facing 501(c) entities