About Our Firm.
Beige is the new black.
Founded in 1987, Macias Gini & O’Connell LLP (MGO) is a statewide certified public accounting and business management firm with offices in Sacramento, Walnut Creek, Oakland, Century City, Newport Beach and San Diego and a staff of over 230 professionals who are proud to be boring.
The firm offers a diverse array of assurance, tax and business management services to clients ranging from startup companies to middle-market public and private companies, Hollywood celebrities, the world’s largest public pension system and California’s largest local governments. MGO is an independent member of the BDO Seidman Alliance and is consistently ranked among the fastest growing CPA firms in the nation.
Many of our partners, directors and managers enjoyed extraordinary success while growing up in the “Big 4” accounting firms. This diversity of experience coupled with the firm's relentless focus on attracting and developing top talent has helped to earn MGO national recognition for thought leadership from both the profession and industry regulators.
Along with our craft, we’re extremely proud of the quality of our staff. Currently we have over 230 employees, including over 100 certified professionals. Over half of our professional staff members hold current CPA licenses, and the majority of the others are actively engaged in studying for or taking the exam.
Here's our impressive list of firm recognition.
- Named one of the 'Best of the Best' Accounting Firms in the nation, Inside Public Accounting, 2013
- Named the '6th Fastest Growing Accounting Firm' in the nation, Accounting Today, 2013
- Named one of the 'Top 100 Accounting Firms' in the nation, Accounting Today, 2013
- Named on of the Top 20 Accounting Firms in California, CalCPA, 2013
- #36 on San Francisco Business Times’ Largest Accounting Firms in the Greater Bay Area List
- #11 on Sacramento Business Journal's Largest Accounting Firms List
- #34 on Los Angeles Business Journal's Largest Accounting Firms List
- #30 on Orange County Business Journal's Largest Accounting Firms List
- #28 on San Diego Business Journal’s Largest Accounting Firms List
- #5 on Public Accounting Report’s List of 2011 Top A&A Leaders by Percentage
- Founder Ken Macias Named to AICPA Board of Directors (April 2011)
- Partner Martin Fox Recognized on The Hollywood Reporter’s Top 25 Business Managers in Hollywood List (May 2011)
- Partners Richard Green and Caroline Walsh Appointed to American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA’s) State and Local Government Expert Panel Pension Comment Letter Task Force (August 2011)
- Partner Caroline Walsh Named to GAQC Executive Committee (September 2011)